* * * Personal Injury cases are very serious and should be put in the hands of an experienced attorney. Start by collecting some referrals from various sources and compare your options. * * *
Using Referrals to Get Started
It’s important to note that comparisons might help narrow your choices, but you should never commit to an attorney before speaking to them. Set up a consultation meeting to discuss your case and see if you feel comfortable working with this person. You can get referrals from:
Friends and Acquaintances
Talk to your family members, friends, or co-workers who have been represented by a lawyer in their own personal injury cases. If anyone has a glowing report, put their attorney on your list of people to consult.
Google, Avvo, and Other Attorney Search Engines
There are several online review sites for every type of lawyer. Profiles on these sites give you more information about the attorney’s experience, education, fees, and general approach to practicing law.
Reviews are posted by current and past clients, and these provide more details on specific outcomes and the way the attorney interacts with clients. Many clients of the Marc Lopez Law Firm hire us after reading our reviews on Google and Avvo.
If you know any lawyers personally, they can be a great resource for finding an experienced personal injury attorney. It’s not uncommon for a lawyer to refer a case to another attorney if they’d be better suited to handling it. You still want to conduct your own research, though, and come to your own conclusions.
Choosing the Right Lawyer For You
Don’t let the attorney ask all the questions. After you explain the details of your case, conduct a little interview of your own. Here are some basic (but important!) questions you might want to ask:
- How long have you been practicing?
- What percentage of your practice involves personal injury cases?
- Do you typically represent plaintiffs or defendants?
- Would you be handling my case, or would it be passed on to another lawyer in your office?
- How many personal injury cases have you taken to trial, and what were the results?
- How often will you be in contact with me?
- Will I be able to speak with you directly if something comes up?
- How many cases are you currently handling? Do you have the time to handle mine?
- How long does a case like mine typically last?
- Can I get references from any of your past clients?
- What is your contingency fee?
The Marc Lopez Law Firm
The Marc Lopez Law Firm represents a wide variety of clients, with issues ranging from personal injury to DUI charges. To learn more about each of our practice areas, choose from the list below. If you’d like to schedule a free consultation, call us at 317-632-3642.
Auto Accidents (car, truck, motorcycle)
Work-Related Accidents (temporary / permanent Injuries, worker’s compensation)
Wrongful Death (medical malpractice, death caused by auto / work accidents)
Slip and Fall Accidents (injury on someone else’s property)
Other Practice Areas (DUI / OVWI, expungement, drug charges)
At the Marc Lopez Law Firm, our mission is to get you the compensation that you deserve. Call our office at 317-632-3642 to determine if we’re the best attorneys to represent your case.