Slip and fall accidents can be frustrating. They include many factors and a lot of moving parts. If your injury resulted from what lawyers call a temporary unsafe condition, then your case is going to be very fact-specific. Did the unsafe condition occur while you were there? Can you prove it?
Hiring a personal injury lawyer to consider all the angles of your slip and fall case may be the only way to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
Considerations in a Slip and Fall Case
Slip and fall cases can be tricky due to the sheer number of details that need to be analyzed. Here are some of the most common considerations in a slip and fall case:
- Did the property owner fail to maintain the property?
- Did the property owner create an unsafe condition that caused the injury?
- If the owner created an unsafe condition and knew about it, did they alert visitors to the hazard?
- Was the unsafe condition permanent or temporary?
- Who was the injured party?
- What was the nature of their visit to the property?
- Was the hazard both open and obvious?
- Could the injured party have avoided the hazard?
The Value of Your Case
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to compensation. A successful personal injury suit can help you recover damages for:
- medical bills;
- lost earnings from missed work;
- physical pain;
- emotional distress; and
- permanent physical disability.
The amount of damages awarded will depend on a number of factors, including:
- whether you were on the property with or without permission;
- the seriousness of your injury;
- the physical details of the unsafe condition; and
- how well your attorney knows your case and how much effort they put into winning it for you.
We understand that slip and fall cases are complex and time-sensitive, and we know that you need someone who cares about your case. If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, call the Marc Lopez Law Firm today at 317-632-3642 for a free and confidential conversation about your legal matters. We’re here to answer your questions, address your concerns, and get you the compensation you deserve.