Slip and fall accidents can be very frustrating to handle. There are many factors that must be considered when proving a slip and fall accident and can be time-bound when dealing with possible temporary unsafe conditions that caused your injury. Hiring a personal injury lawyer for your slip and fall case may be the only way to ensure that all the right conditions are met and you get the compensation you deserve for your injury.
What Factors Are Considered in a Slip and Fall Case?
Slip and fall cases can be very tricky due to the vast amount of circumstances that are analyzed when dealing with such a case. Below are some of the most common factors that play into a slip and fall case:
- Did the property owners either fail to maintain the property or create an unsafe condition that caused the injury?
- If they created an unsafe condition and knew about the hazard, did they alert the visitors or tenants to those dangerous conditions?
- Was this dangerous and unsafe condition permanent or temporary?
- What was the nature of the visitor?
- Were they an invitee, a licensee or a trespasser?
- Was the hazard both open and obvious?
- Did the injured person have the ability to avoid the hazard?
What Compensation Can I Receive?
If you have been injured through a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to compensation to recover the costs involved throughout the entirety of your injury. Such damages include
- Medical bill expenses
- Lost earnings from missed work
- Physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Permanent physical disability
This amount will ultimately depend on the distinction of the whether you were on the property with or without permission, the severity of the injury, the condition of the hazard and most importantly, how well your attorney knows your case and how much effort they put into winning it for you.
We understand that slip and fall cases are complex and time sensitive and that you need someone who cares about your case. If you or a loved one have been injured in a slip and fall accident due to someone else’s negligence, call the Marc Lopez Law Office today at (317) 632-3642 for a free and confidential conversation about your legal matters. We are here to answer any questions or concerns you may have and get you the compensation you deserve.